Member Referral Program Rules
Referral Program Terms & Conditions
- The new member must identify YOU by your NEC member name and NEC Retail Electricity account number on his/her enrollment application with NEC Retail Electricity. No referrals are accepted AFTER an individual has already submitted his or her enrollment form to NEC Retail Electricity. We even created a member referral form to make the process as easy as possible.
- Bill credits may only be issued to the account identified on the enrollment form. The $60 bill credit will be issued in your billing cycle that falls after the issuance of the referred member’s first electric bill. This should be within approximately 60 days of the referred member’s permanent service connection with NEC Retail Electricity as the chosen power provider.
- ONLY NEW ACCOUNTS ARE ELIGIBLE. A new account that meets the eligibility criteria and is enrolled for an existing NEC member (including yourself) IS eligible for the member referral program. Each new referred account must be accepted by NEC Retail Electricity and have permanent service connected in order to receive an electric bill credit under the referral program. If the new account owner received services from NEC at the enrolled service location within the past 12 months, the account is ineligible for the referral program and bill credit.
- No bill credits will be issued to referring member accounts that are not currently active with NEC Retail Electricity. Bill credits may not be transferred to other active NEC Retail Electricity accounts.
- Permanent Residential and Commercial services are eligible for this program. Ineligible service types include water wells, security lights, barns, and temporary and seasonal services.
- The member with the most referrals as of October 1st will receive a $500 bonus bill credit. There will also be a $250 bonus bill credit to the member who has the second most referrals. Recipients will be announced at the NEC Annual Meeting in mid-October.
NEC Retail Electricity employees, contractors and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Member Referral Program. This program began on October 18, 2010 and can be changed or cancelled without notice.