Win the trip of a lifetime to Washington, D.C.!
Every year, Nueces Electric Cooperative sponsors the Government in Action Youth Tour, where four attendees to win a trip to Washington, D.C. During this educational and inspirational journey, attendees will take VIP tours of the monuments and speak with our legislators about NRECA priorities.
The Electric Cooperative Youth Tour has brought high school students to Washington, D.C. every June since 1964. Nearly 50,000 students from rural areas and small towns across America have participated in this program.
The Youth Tour is open to all 11th grade students whose parent/guardian is an NEC Co-op Energy member. This essay contest gives students the opportunity to prepare an essay on a defined topic and be considered to win a special trip to Washington, D.C.
Essays must be 400-600 words in length, typed and double-spaced on the topic of: “Summer is one of the hottest times of the year, it also a time when we use the most energy. What are some ways you can conserve energy at home this summer?” All essays become NEC property.
Announcements are made in Texas Co-op Power Magazine as well as on our websites in early Spring.
Trip Dates: June 17 – 26, 2020
Application Deadline: Tuesday, Jan. 14 2020 by 5:00p.m.
PLUS: Each Youth Tour winner will also receive a $1,000 scholarship, should they attend an accredited Texas college or university.
—->To apply online visit our Youth Tour Application page.
Ramiro De La Paz Memorial Scholarship Fund
Each year, NEC awards twenty-four scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are dependents of NEC members and meet the eligibility requirements set forth on the application form. Funding for this scholarship program comes from unclaimed NEC
The scholarships to be awarded during this school year are:
2020 Christmas Card Contest
Contest Ends Thursday, January 23, 2020: Deadline Extended! Contest Ends Wednesday, July 8, 2020
- All entries must be hand-drawn and follow the contest theme of combing electricity or lineworkers with a Christmas or holiday component – Only original work will be accepted. (Upon submitting your work to NEC, you are solely responsible for any infringement or copyrighted materials).
- All entries must be received by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 8, 2020.
- Artwork must be delivered to the NEC offices at 14353 Cooperative Avenue Robstown, TX 78380 Attn: Communications or emailed in a JPG format that does not exceed 1MB with this entry form.
- Online submissions are also accepted on our submission page
- All artists must be a dependent of a current member of Nueces Electric Cooperative.
- Children 17 years or under are eligible to participate.
Winners and Prizes:
- One (1) grand prize winner and one runner up will be determined in each of the three age categories below:
- Ages 8 & under
- Ages 9-13
- Ages 14-17
- The three grand prize winners will each receive a $100 electric bill credit and a $100 Wal-Mart gift card.
- The three runner-ups will each receive a $50 electric bill credit and a $50 Wal-Mart gift card.
Winners will be announced in the August 2020 edition of Texas Co-op Power Magazine. NEC will also determine which of the winners’ artwork will be featured on the 2020 NEC Christmas Cards.
For more information or to submit your artwork, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible entries MUST include Christmas card AND entry form