Payment Portal FAQs - NEC Coop
May 3, 2021
Why is NEC Co-op Energy Updating my Payment Portal?
At NEC Co-op Energy, we periodically review our services and look for ways to improve. After careful review of our current payment portal, the NEC Co-op Energy board of directors and management team decided to upgrade our payment portal with the intention to offer improved account management capabilities and user experience for our members.
When Are you Updating my Payment Portal?
You may have noticed that your May issue of the Texas Co-op Power magazine said your new payment portal will be updated in June. NEC Co-op Energy does our best to ensure any product or service released to our members works as smoothly as possible. With this in mind, we have delayed our original payment portal June transition date, with the goal to now transition by the end of summer 2021. We will keep our members updated as we continue working towards a final transition date.
Why Did You Let Me Know So Early?
At NEC Co-op Energy, we value transparency with our members. Our goal is to provide plenty of notice for any major changes that affect our members. We will continue to keep you updated with any major changes to your account or service.
What Does This Mean for Me?
Your new payment portal will provide an overall improved user experience, as well as multiple benefits including:
- For members with multiple accounts, you will now have one account which will have access to all associated service locations.
- Your billing capabilities will be improved as well. Because of the above change. Instead of separate individual bills, one per location or meter, you will receive one at the account level which includes all locations.
- You will have the option to receive your electric bill by mail, or email.
- You will also be able to view your electric bill through your customer portal.
- View account history and monthly energy usage.
- Enjoy an overall more user-friendly system
Do I Need to Register my Account?
Yes. There is a short registration process for all NEC Co-op Energy members. We have provided simple instructions to help walk you through the registration process. View Instructions Here.