Storm Safety Tips - NEC Coop
Apr 14, 2015 — News
Area roads and fields are flooded. Just a reminder, if your power goes out, please contact your power line maintenance company directly to report your outage so they can accommodate you as quickly as possible. Click here to access contact information for your power line company.
Basic Storm Safety…
- Unplug major appliances to protect them from a power surge when power comes back on.
- Leave a light turned on so you know when power is restored.
- If you use a generator while your power goes out, do not bring it inside or in an enclosed area. Make sure to put it on your well- ventilated patio or open your garage door to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Do not plug generators directly into wall outlets — this protects you and our line workers as they work to restore power.
- Never remove debris that’s within 10 feet of a power line.
- Avoid down power lines. If a power line falls on your car, stay inside until help arrives. DO NOT try to get out.
- If you had to leave your home due to flooding, be careful when reentering and plugging in appliances that have been sitting in water (even after they are dry)
Voted #1 Electric Provider
We were recently voted the #1 Electricity Provider by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times’ Best of the Best Awards for the 7th year running!
Benefits of Membership
As a member of our co-op, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- You’ll get a share of our profits.
- You won’t be locked into a long-term contract.
- You’ll get a simple, competitive rate with no surprise fees or markups.
- You can get a $50 bill credit for every new member you refer.