Corpus Christi Scholarships - NEC Coop
Oct 28, 2022 — News
Our 2023 Corpus Christi scholarships are now open! We’re awarding $32,000 to NEC Co-op Energy member high school seniors.
4-Year University Scholarships
2-College or Vocational Scholarships
Lineman’s College Scholarships
Here’s how it works
By now, we’re sure you’ve heard of our capital credits, right? These are the credits you get back based on how much electricity you purchased last year.
Some NEC Co-op Energy members can’t accept their capital credits. Maybe they sold their home, passed away, or another reason. When this happens, the credits are placed into a special account.
Each year we apply to the Texas Comptroller to use some of these funds. Then, we give these funds back to our members through our Corpus Christi Scholarships!
- Scholarships are open to high school seniors who are dependents of NEC Co-op Energy members. These members must have active service for at least 6 months (August 11, 2022) from the application deadline (Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 5:00pm).
- Students have to attend a Texas institution of higher learning.
- Students must show us good character by sending at least 1 letter of recommendation. The letter can be from staff of student’s high school, or from the student’s employer.
- Students must show us a reasonable degree plan and eagerness to take a course of higher learning.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on co-op funds, and the student’s eligibility, including financial need.
- Scholarship applications must be turned in by Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 5:00pm. Awards will be announced within 90 days.