High Temperatures Are Expected To Result In Peak Energy Usage - NEC Coop
Aug 7, 2020 — News
This summer, Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend have been under extreme heat advisories.. HIgh demand is expected throughout the rest of the summer. Electricity company in Texas, NEC Co-op Energy is requesting conservation efforts from 3 – 7 p.m.
NEC Co-op Energy Members can reduce the amount of energy consumed by your home through these simple rules:
• Set thermostat 2 to 3 degrees higher during peak hours of 2 to 7 p.m.
• Set thermostat to higher temp when the house is empty.
• Use plug-in fans.
• Only run large appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, etc.) in the morning or after 7 p.m.
• To make food during peak hours, use microwave or slow cooker.
• Close blinds and drapes during peak hours.
• Run pool pumps in the early morning or overnight. Shut off between 4 and 6 p.m.
For more tips about conservation, visit www.ercot.com/about/conservation(link is external) or http://powertosavetexas.org/
Voted #1 Electric Provider
We were recently voted the #1 Electricity Provider by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times’ Best of the Best Awards for the 7th year running!
Benefits of Membership
As a member of our co-op, you’ll enjoy the following benefits: