Hurricane Hanna Damages Transmission Lines in Edinburg, Texas. - NEC Coop
Aug 7, 2020 — News
Hurricane Hanna has damaged a two mile stretch of transmission line in Edinburg, TX. Texas Electricity Company, NEC Co-op Energy is asking residents throughout the Rio Grande Valley area to practice conservation measures while the damaged transmission line is rebuilt. Please conserve energy from August 1 through 14.
• Set thermostat to higher temp when the house is empty.
• Use plug-in fans.
• Only run large appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, etc.) in the morning or after 7 p.m.
• To make food during peak hours, use microwave or slow cooker.
• Close blinds and drapes during peak hours.
• Run pool pumps in the early morning or overnight. Shut off between 4 and 6 p.m.
For more tips about conservation, visit www.ercot.com/about/conservation(link is external) or http://powertosavetexas.org/
Voted #1 Electric Provider
We were recently voted the #1 Electricity Provider by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times’ Best of the Best Awards for the 7th year running!
Benefits of Membership
As a member of our co-op, you’ll enjoy the following benefits: