Storm Preparedness - NEC Coop
Aug 19, 2022 — News
NEC Co-op Energy does not maintain your power lines.
The quickest way for you to get your power back on is to report your outage directly to your energy delivery (wires) company at one of the numbers listed below.
If you are located in this company’s delivery area
Call this number to report your power outage
Report an outage online
|AEP Delivery Areas – AEP North & AEP Texas Central||1-866-223-8508||aeptexas.com|
|Nueces Electric Cooperative Delivery Area||1-800-632-9288, or 361-387-2581 in Robstown||nueceselectric.org|
|Oncor Delivery Area||1-888-313-4747||stormcenter.oncor.com|
|CenterPoint Delivery Area||1-800-332-7143||centerpointenergy.com|
|Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) Delivery Area||1-888-TNMP456 (1-888-866-7456)||tnmp.com|
What to do in the event of a power outage
Natural disasters, including hurricanes, can result in the loss of utilities like water, gas, and electricity. Not only will this prove to be a major inconvenience for families, but it can be a matter of life and death, especially for those who are dependent on medical equipment that requires power.
Here are some power outage preparedness tips:
- Sign-up for outage alerts with your Transmission and Delivery Service Provider (TDSP) who maintain power lines and communicate outage information. Click here to report an outage to your TDSP or sign-up for outage communications.
- Be sure that you have communication devices in your home that will work even without power. It could be a battery radio, batteries or chargers for your mobile phones, or a non-cordless home phone.
- Identify and create a support network. Keep a copy of your contact list. Your list should include those who can help you stay home and people who can help you evacuate during an extended power outage.
- Plan for cooling or heating your home. Avoid using a generator, heater, or outdoor stoves indoors. Plan to go to a location with heat or air conditioning, depending on the weather.
- Ensure that you have current surge protectors.
- Plan for your electrical, personal, and medical needs. Consider both non-power and backup alternatives for communication, lighting, refrigerated medicine, medical devices, and cooking.
Hurricane preparedness will enable your family to be better prepared for other forms of emergencies. Keep this useful guide handy!
Click here to download the 2021 hurricane preparedness guide!
Voted #1 Electric Provider
We were recently voted the #1 Electricity Provider by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times’ Best of the Best Awards for the 7th year running!